Which social media platform has 600 million users, half of which use it every day?
Was reported to bring in over $1.5m in ad revenue last year?
Is used by 48.8% of brands (expected to rise to over 70% this year)?
Is home to over 282 million selfies?
No prizes for guessing, it's Instagram.
What follows in this infographic from WebsiteBuilder are some 139 facts and stats about Instagram - some are interesting, some are useful, some are entirely obscure. What we're concerned about is should your brand be on Instagram?
Reasons to be on Instagram:
Well, here are a few compelling statistics:
- There are over 500,000 advertisers growing their business on Instagram
- 50% of Instagrammers follow at least one business
- 5% of users take action after being inspired by a post
- Top brands post 4.9 times per week on Instagram
- 70% of performance campaigns generated statistically significant lifts for online conversion or mobile app installs.
Reasons against being on Instagram:
- Your audience isn't there: Do some in depth buyer persona research and if you find that your audience aren't using the platform, don't invest the time on it.
- You don't have the content: Instagram content is image and video led, if you don't have the visual content (and importantly, the content strategy to support it, steer clear.
- You're a B2B brand Wrong! Many B2B brands are reaping the rewards from Instagram
- You just want to advertise: If your sole motivation for being on Instagram is to advertise and link people away from the platform to a website, app etc, then you might not benefit from setting up a page. Facebook Business Manager allows brands with Facebook pages to advertise on Instagram without the need for an account. Be wary though, paid is fine, but you also need to build an audience.
The best of the rest:
Courtesy of this infographic from WebsiteBuilder...
Courtesy of: Website Builder.org